About Me

My photo
My husband and I got married in July 2006, lived in Greenville, moved to China for four years, and are now back in Greenville. We have 3 amazing children and love serving our Summit Church!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Baby #2 1st trimester

So we have just announced that we are expecting baby #2 so I thought I'd write a bit here to tell of our little story. We decided to start trying for #2 when Maddy turned 1. We thought it would be a process since I had PCOS but you can probably do the math and see that our Father worked it out perfectly. Two weeks after Maddy turned 1 we found out we were expecting. We are so excited!

So far the pregnancy has been NOTHING like Madeline. I have had bad morning sickness, other issues that I won't share and just uncomfortableness often. We hope this means it is a boy but we won't be able to tell for another few months.

When you have a husband who really wants another baby and you do the temperature charting thing it is very hard to make it a surprise. We knew when would be a good time to test to confirm our suspicions but Nate would ask everyday -lol. I told him I would not test for a bit but when I went to get Maddy's pics developed and felt "pregnant" I thought I may need to check. So I went to the pharmacy, bought 3 tests (in case it was too early) and then headed home. I took one right when I arrived at home since Nate wasn't home from work yet. I distracted myself by playing with the children, convincing myself that it was way too early and not possible. Five minutes late I returned to find two little lines. In shock, I decided to take another so I drank tons of fluid and tried again. Sure enough, it was positive too.

When Nate arrived home I decided to tell him creatively with this:


He came home, with our friend Benny, and headed to the bedroom (where the surprise was waiting) since he always heads to the bedroom and puts his stuff down. He went in and came back un-phased. This just happened to be our Chuck night where we invite many friends over and order calzones and watch an episode of Chuck together. I knew that he couldn't have seen it. I simply asked if he went in the bedroom and he quickly ran in and saw it, returning to the living room so excited. I told him he couldn't tell anyone yet but after 15 minutes of the episode he was busting at the seams. I made a few calls to the priority people to inform and then he announced it then at there when we were only 4 weeks, according to my calculations. We then told parents and planned to tell people on our return to the states which didn't work too well since our parents were so excited.

When my parents came to China they went with me for my first appointment to get the ultrasound.

It was great to share that with them and let them meet my doctor, to calm any fears. It was also neat having them there to hear the first heartbeat.

As of today we are a little over 11 weeks and I am already showing a bit. For those of you who have only seen me in the summer you may not be able to tell but if you ask my friends from Shenyang you would find out that I lost 20 pounds after Maddy was born and just got down to a nice, small size - smaller than I was in college - and then now it has already started coming back. I have already gained 2 1/2 inches on my belly.

No comments: