When I was in high school there was this country song called "Life Happens". The main idea of the song was just that. No matter how we plan things life happens and is often not what we expected. I mean how many of us look at our lifes right now and say,"Wow! I never thought my life would look like this." I'm feeling that now. My folks are leaving tomorrow and mom and I didn't get our nails done together, we didn't go to Bei Ling Park, we didn't get Chinese clothes made for them, etc. Don't get me wrong, we were busy and did lots of fun things but no matter how busy we were we still didn't complete everything.
I think I am learning as a mom that this is now my life theme. I am a task person and love accomplishing much but when your day starts at 7, you run after kids, desperately need a nap yourself, and kids go to bed at 8 your time seems to slip by. I find that I am no longer proud of big tasks but find the smallest things bring such joy. When my little girl walks 4 steps all alone - that's big. I just don't know why I get so surprised by a day of small tasks and relaxation. One day I will learn. Life gets busy and happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment