I did what any first mom would do - I obeyed all the books that said to give the sippy cup around 5 months. I gave it to her day after day and she would use it occasionally but not willingly and not often. I asked the doctor and he said it would just take time and it seems around 11 months my persistence finally paid off.
The other day I gave Maddy a cup of apple juice mixed with water and went about doing a few things while she ate her finger food and then I heard this odd noise. It is this extreme sucking sound. I turn around to hear my daughter intensively slurping up all the juice in her cup. Holding the cup is still awkward but she will hold her cup or her head in any potion necessary to get that amazing juice!
No comments:
Post a Comment