About Me
- Emily Forrest
- My husband and I got married in July 2006, lived in Greenville, moved to China for four years, and are now back in Greenville. We have 3 amazing children and love serving our Summit Church!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Convenience & Routine
We are settling in to a new routine. The girls are enjoying our new life and Maddy is super happy and emotional all at the same time. She talks about "choo-choos" and says "thank you" and "you're welcome", often right after one another. She loves playing her daddy's old Bird House game and enjoyed our first trip to the library last week. Her newest word today was "dinosaur". Emma is moving and getting closer and closer to crawling. She's scooting backwards and just rolls around to get what she wants. I was just telling Nathan tonight that it's hard because both our girls are at a frustrating point (not for me but for them). Madeline can't communicate what she wants so she just yells or screams when she's frustrated. Emma can't move where she wants so she squeals because her mean mommy and daddy won't let her eat books and crayons. I am slowly weeding through the adjustments to a new home. Ironically enough, I feel more of a purpose now because I am the one responsible for cleaning my home and washing the clothes. I loved having my helper. She opened so much time for me to spend with the kids. Now that I am the one doing it all I feel much more accomplished when I end a day. I have so much pride because I know my house is nice because I am taking care of it. It's so encouraging! Nate started back to work and his first day with students was today. He is used to having 40-50 students and is now returning to 140. I am loving the convenience of a car and a grocery store and being able to cook quick meals. We go on walks around our cute little neighborhood. We pick raspberries from our bush in the morning. We hang clothes on our clothes line. We watch Elmo. We eat lunch and play. Through the newness and changes we have finally settled and are loving our new home and our little family :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment