About Me

My photo
My husband and I got married in July 2006, lived in Greenville, moved to China for four years, and are now back in Greenville. We have 3 amazing children and love serving our Summit Church!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Phileo

So Nate and I are the leaders for a young married group here in China. We have been meeting for two years and it has been really great sharing stories with those who are in the same stage of life as we are. This year we decided to read the book "Love and Respect" and have only read two chapters so far but I wanted to share what i learned from this last chapter. The chapter was talking about how women need love but are commanded to respect their husbands not because they are not expected to love but because unconditional love comes very naturally for a woman. It did however, add a note about woman's need for phileo love. It talked about how in the book of Titus we, women, are told to encourage other women in phileo love. This love is the "like" or brotherly love kind. He made a good point. I do unconditional love my husband and children but sometimes I may not have the phileo - patient, gentle, like - love for them. I act disappointed, overwhelmed, frustrated. This was a great reminder that everyday I ned to ask Him to bring on the phileo love so I can be loving toward my children in the day to day things. Speaking of those little guys, here are some pics:

Maddy's first tooth - it's a little hard to see

No comments: