About Me

My photo
My husband and I got married in July 2006, lived in Greenville, moved to China for four years, and are now back in Greenville. We have 3 amazing children and love serving our Summit Church!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life with 3

It has been awhile since I have blogged because this life with 3 kids has been exhausting! The first week or so I thought about taking on the fast of cleaning my house and I felt immediately overwhelmed. The thought of cleaning, finding time to sleep, hanging out with my kids and being a good wife was too much. I was so grateful for people bringing us food for the entire month. Every day I would go to sleep thinking about all the things I would eventually have to do. Then it hit me, as I felt like I was suffocating from the load, that with both of my previous children, I had a helper who did all the work for me. Luckily, it got better week by week. Now that we are at the end of February, the meals stopped coming at the end of January, I finally feel myself breathing normally. SI am o life now...

Next week August will be 2 months old. Time has flown!

Me - I am getting more sleep these days. August is sleeping from 11:30-6 so I at least have a 6 or so hr. stretch to sleep. I have discovered my need to make a menu for 2 week increments so I am feeling organized with dinner. Rather than making a routine of when to clean what on certain days, I am just trying to get a list of things done over a week or so.

Nathan - Is enjoying his snow days right now :-) (He's been off school since Tuesday and will be off till next Tuesday.) He's taking a masters class in counseling and is in the spring play at his school. He keeps busy but helps out a lot.

Maddy - She is going to school two morning a week, which allows me to spend time with Emma. She loves August so much. She hugs on him and kisses on him a lot. Her sentence structure is amazing. She is now really struggling with pushing Emma's buttons then she gets upset when Emma tackles her :-P

Emma - She is having a harder time adjusting to August. She is very protective of her toys and is downright rebellious. She is talking non-stop with her little chipmunk voice.

August - As I said above, he is sleeping well in the evening. His schedule is normally eats at 6, sleeps till 9, naps for 3 - 45 minute increments, up from 5:30-8, bed at 8:30/9 till 10:30 then goes down after till 6 the next morning. He loves to be swaddled. He is pretty layer back and loves smiling at his sisters, even when Emma hits him over the head often.

This isn't a lot of detail but I tried to hit the highlights of right now. I'm off to go get August for his final feeding of the evening and then head into bed myself. I will leave you with the pictures below of how much August has grown and the girls in the snow.







No comments: